Spot Check Skin Cancer Clinic, established in 2017 by Dr Chris Miller, is an independent and specialised skin cancer service dedicated to detecting, treating and preventing skin cancers and sun-damaged skin.
We use evidence-based treatments and industry-leading technologies with a strong focus on patient education and involvement.
Our principal doctor has a background in general practice and a special interest in skin cancer, with 12 years' experience working exclusively in this field.
You don't need a referral from your GP to visit Spot Check Clinic.
We aim to provide best practice in skin cancer and sun damage screening, diagnosis, management and prevention by:
- providing an experience that exceeds our clients' expectations in comfort, convenience, respectfulness and friendliness
- using technology to enhance detection, diagnosis and management of skin lesions and conditions, and empowering our clients by sharing technology
- developing a strategy optimised for each client, to manage and/or prevent serious skin cancers, optimise skin health and repair sun damage. We enable the strategy by providing personalised education and access to evidence-based products and therapies
Our approach to treatment
Wherever possible, we offer treatments based on a combination of
- efficacy, as demonstrated by the best possible evidence, and
- acceptability to our patients.
This means we consider factors such as side effects, cost, discomfort and personal preference to devise a treatment strategy that suits the individual as well as possible.
We constantly re-evaluate our treatment offerings based on medical literature and continuing medical education. This means we occasionally offer and recommend new treatments and discontinue older ones based on our improved understanding of efficacy and risks.
When offering and recommending cosmetic and other treatments for sun-damaged and ageing skin, we keep in mind the following principles:
- We keep treatments as simple as possible, offering maximum value for money. Rather than prescribing or recommending expensive branded skin care products, we prescribe and recommend products compounded to our specifications by pharmacists who specialise in skin products.
- We keep our mark-up on retail products to a minimum, so our patients can leave our clinic with the products and treatments we recommend.