We're looking for a skin cancer doctor to work at our increasingly busy skin cancer and skin health clinic. If you're a good communicator dedicated to providing a superior patient experience, we'd love to hear from you.
About Spot Check Clinic
Established in 2017, Spot Check Clinic is a privately-owned skin cancer, skin health and aesthetic clinic.
We attract clients from across greater Melbourne and beyond. Our practice consists of a large proportion of younger, well-educated and professional people who appreciate quality communication and education and understand the role of technology in skin cancer screening and diagnosis. All patients are provided with access to clinical photographs and pathology results, and we perform limited mole mapping photography as part of most skin cancer screening appointments.
We're passionate about providing an exceptional patient experience in terms of comfort, convenience, respectfulness and friendliness.
The clinic was established by Dr Chris Miller and to date we've operated as a single doctor practice. To react to the challenges of repeated lockdowns in the Melbourne CBD, and to accommodate the interests of our patient base, we've expanded into skin cancer-related areas such as skin repair/rejuvenation, cosmetic mole removal and rosacea management.
We are now booked well in advance and would like to offer the services of an additional doctor to satisfy patient demand.
The role is flexible in terms of hours and days worked, but will need to fit in with the clinic's operating hours. Currently the clinic hours are 8:30am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday. There are no current plans for weekend sessions.
The main duties in this position are skin cancer screening and diagnosis, surgical and non-surgical management of skin cancers and other skin lesions, and education in skin cancer prevention and skin care strategies.
Depending on your interests, there are also opportunities for the medical management of dermatological conditions and aesthetic procedures including radiofrequency surgery, IPL, low level light therapy and other treatments. We can help you build a practice based on any extra areas of interest: surgical, aesthetic, injecting, dermatological, etc. We can even offer general practice consulting sessions in our attached general practice if you wish.
We are open to negotiation in relation to employee vs. private contractor status, remuneration and/or service fees.
Support is provided by a full time nurse and/or clinical assistant who can, depending on your preferences, provide assistance with none, some or all of the following:
- Patient intake and education
- Clinical, dermoscopic and mole mapping photography
- Dressings, wound management and suture removal
- Application and supervision of photodynamic therapy
- Assistance during procedures
Equipment and facilities
Consulting rooms are designed to be self-contained with facilities suitable for most skin surgical procedures.
We use the following equipment/technology:
- DermEngine image storage and processing software
- Helix cloud-based practice management and medical records software
- Hyfrecator electrocautery device
- Ellman Surgitron radiofrequency surgical device
- Sciton mJoule BBL/intense pulsed light
- Lutronic Healite II LED light
- Current AHPRA registration with no restrictions on license
- Current medical indemnity insurance with coverage for specialist skin cancer activities/treatments
- Experience and qualifications (e.g. SCCA or HealthCert certificates) in skin cancer diagnosis and management
- Strong communication and patient management skills
- SCCA accredited skin cancer doctor, MMed (Skin Cancer), Fellowship of SCCA
- Experience with DermEngine
- Interest and experience in management of dermatological conditions
- Interest and experience in medical aesthetics and skin rejuvenation