There’s no single “best” sunscreen for everyone in all situations. Use a broad spectrum product with SPF 30 or more, and apply it properly and regularly, and you should be well protected, and reduce your skin cancer risk. The “best” sunscreen for you, is the one you are most likely to use.
Sunscreen formulations change frequently. At the time of writing (Summer 2017-2018), our favourite is Cetaphil Sun SPF50+ Kids Liposomal Lotion, even for adults, because of the following benefits:
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Highest level of protection
- Reasonable price (significantly cheaper than the “adult” liposomal formulation currently available in Australia)
- Excellent packaging: The pump pack provides measured quantities of sunscreen and there are clear instructions on how many pumps to use for each body part.
- Liposomal formulation may last longer between applications.
Disclaimer: This is general information only. Spot Check Clinic gives no guarantee that this product is superior in terms of protection, side effects, or in any other way, to other sunscreens. Notwithstanding our recommendation, Spot Check Clinic takes no responsibility for any adverse events that occur when using this product. Spot Check Clinic is not affiliated with the manufacturer or any retailers of this product.